Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

20 Weeks Prego-12-08-2010

20 Weeks-half way there

The buns inside are officially half baked and the size of a banana!

Health Update:
I went to the Doctor on Wednesday and as usual did the normal weigh in and such. Well this time I read to the tech the weight and went on about my business.  Twenty minutes later the doc walks in looking at my chart. She asks me with a puzzled yet concerned look on her face.
Doc: Did the tech tell you how much you weighed? Is it 178 or 188?
Me: What?  No, it’s 173.8
Doc: Okay I was going to tell you that you have gained more than normal since I saw you last.
Me: I’m wearing jeans, boots, and a sweater…does that count?
Doc: I like to keep you all informed of your numbers and since it’s only 173.8 you are right on schedule.
Me: Note to self…holy shysters! Cut out sweets or I’m going to top the scale at 200 plus. This is the reason I have never in my life weighed myself on a regular basis. I’ve always gone off how I feel and how my clothes fit. I believe that is a healthier aspect than relying on a scale for me at least.

Baby Moon:
This week we went to Florida for our baby moon and enjoyed every moment of just giving ourselves time for us. We ate shrimp and raw oysters-just kidding shrimp and scallops…lots and lots of shrimp and scallops. The reason for this is because pretty much everything on the menu fish wise has mercury in it. I never realized how much mercury is in our seafood until I was surrounded by the good stuff and not allowed to eat it. Note to self: Don’t do it to yourself, my mouth would water when I would read about the grouper, the crab legs, the fresh tuna, and then the ceviche that I wanted so bad.

We chose Florida initially for the reason that walking would be limited. I did over do it a bit on Friday and learned really quickly that there is a reason they say limit yourself. The hips literally felt like I was 95 years old and were so stiff that I could barely move without pain. It’s just so weird to go from doing high impact aerobics 3 days a week to barely being able to walk without having to stop and catch your breath.

The absolute best and most memorable part of the trip was when Richard felt his babies move inside my belly for the very first time. It was a special moment that will not be forgotten and a wonderful experience we were able to share together. My stomach was actually moving on the outside and it seriously looked like there were aliens inside.

As always we thank you for your kind words, thoughts, prayers, and support. We are so excited to see these little darlings.  Attached is the beautiful sunset we caught, the bump week 20, and an ultra sound picture from last week that I forgot to post. Goals: Stay off bed rest, 36 weeks, and healthy little ones.





How the Foster twins are growing:

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)
He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

No comments:

Post a Comment