Week 26
This week we attended the C-section class, toured the hospital, and had a doctor appointment so it was pretty busy to say the least. At the C-section class we learned that there is a smell during the surgery (something I had already been told; however decided not to open my mouth), nausea during the surgery, and that your hands are strapped down. It all makes sense; however I know that being awake, cut on and having my hands strapped may just freak me out. This obviously is to prevent movement while cutting but the thought just freaks me out. We discussed pain management, again something I’m very freaked out about since the 2008 surgery pain management was bad. Obviously I’m going to get over it and just need time to do so. The pimped out suites are on the 6th floor and the NICU unit is on the 5th floor so we will be bypassing the pimped out suites and headed to the small boxes. At Mercy every time a baby is born music is played over the intercom, something I thought was cute.
The doctor gave me freedom of another week of no bed rest and confirmed that the placenta has 100% moved off of my cervix-yay! We will go back next Thursday to the perinatal specialists so we will have the good ultra sound pictures again. Fingers crossed that there is no bed rest suggestions at that visit.
I started reading Jenny McCarthy’s Belly Laughs and it's seriously one of the funniest books. I literally almost finished it in two settings. The nerd that I am outlined the key points to book called The Happiest Baby on the Block. My thought in doing this was that in a situation where I’m lost I will be prepared to look at my note on the refrigerator of what to do if step a, b, and c have not worked. When I told Richard about it normally he would have laughed at me; however he thought it was a great idea. As you can tell we are starting to get a little nervous about the change that is upon us.
Blake and Dax are still kicking up a storm, moving like crazy, and making my tummy look like it has aliens inside. As always thank you for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers. Goal: 36 weeks, no bed rest, and a healthy B and D.
How the little Monkey's are growing:
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.
 |
| No button left |
 |
| Where did my feet go? |
 |
| 26 Weeks |
 |
| Celebrating Grandma Foster's 65th |
 |
| Big Sister Bella |
 |
| 26 Weeks |
No comments:
Post a Comment