On Thursday Jan 27th I went to the doctor as usual and learned that Blake is not growing. She weighed in at 1.13 and Dax was 2.14 so with that being said they believe she is not getting the nutrients from the placenta. I was given 12.5ml of steroids, hooked up to some monitors, and advised to come back on Friday for more roids, oh and that I was officially on bed rest. Friday I went back for another 12.5ml of juice and went home to lay. So what does all of this mean? The juice is to get both babies lungs ready for birth in case they have to take them early. If they are taken early they will be given the nutrients and will do better outside. I’m following orders and hoping my sweet little Blake grows while we wait till Thursday. Dax is one limber little man, he had his legs over his head and Blake was doing the same thing.
Monday Jan. 31st I woke up with some strange fluid I ignored it but it happened again. After my scare on Thursday and being told that you call no matter what anything that is not the following this, this, or this, you call. So I did just that and was told to head up to labor and delivery and that we might have a birthday. We checked into Mercy only to find that I might have peed myself not once but twice. The entire time I kept thinking about the bill that I had just created because I am so cheap.
7 days of bed rest later:
Thursday Feb. 3rd I just got back from the doctor today and Blake has put some lb’s on, she now weighs 2.3 and Dax is 3.3. Both babies scored an 8 out of 8 for all the things they are looking at to make further determinations. The cervix that I once thought was made of steel is not exactly that. Last Thursday it was 2.75 and today it is 2.0 meaning it is thinning out and I will more than likely go into labor on my own. (Watch out recliner that water breaking could actually happen in it) When scheduling my future doctor appointments I told them to pick because I know that these appointments can be really long if they are not the first one of the morning. I told the receptionists that it’s my freedom from the bed so just pick the times for me. My plan worked because each one is in the afternoon and everyone knows that you are going to wait for a while which equals freedom from house arrest. Dax now has his bum in his sisters face and Blake has some hair on her head that we could see. Both of my children look just like their father at the time being. Unfortunately I don't have a scanner to show my pics from today.
What does one do while on house arrest?
Facebook, Words with Friends, Surf the Net, Movies, and Crochet...Cro what? Yes I learned to crochet and I’m currently working on a purple blanket that will be trimmed in turquoise. I’m not nesting I’m just really really bored. Thanks Brenda for teaching me to do this.
Nursery: I attached pictures of the ottoman and rocker that will be in the nursery. I’m so excited for it and can’t wait to see the final results. Thank you mom and Kathy.
Waists: I had some backlash from the waist reports on week 27 so here’s the correction. I measured stomachs not waists and was given the definitions of what waists are.
As always thank you for all the kind words, phone calls, emails, and prayers that have been sent towards us. It made a huge difference this week while we waited for today. Every day in the belly equals 3 days the babies are not in NICU so our goal this week is to keep them in as long as we can and for their mother to not go into complete craziness.
Shanna and Richard
How The Foster's are Growing:
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.
![]() |
| The Chair |
| The ottoman that I plan to have the newborn pics made on. |
![]() |
| 28 Weeks Prego Bump |
| In my uniform and 28 weeks Prego |


No comments:
Post a Comment