Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

29 Weeks Prego 02-09-11

We made it through week 29 and it sure has been a fun filled week. I posted the updates from my doctor appointment on Blake which was wonderful news. (reason blog was a day late last week) 


Baby Shower:
Sunday I had a baby shower that was given by mom's friends. They of course went above and beyond and made it so special. I had a wonderful time getting out of the house for two hours. Riley helped open gifts and I just enjoyed the change of scenery and talking to everyone. It was the fastest two hours I've had in the past two weeks and when I say quick it flew by and I felt like a kid in a candy store not wanting to leave. The amount of generosity was unbelievable; people are so kind and I'm so thankful for all that everyone gave. The babies received the cutest clothes and so many things that will help us get started. I've been sneaking out of my chair for bathroom breaks and each time I go into the game room to take a peak at all their goods. I then rearrange and display everything on the pool table. Then I hear "you need to get that weight off the cervix" which then ends my little party with myself adoring all the cute things they got. Attached: a picture of my display:)





Health Update:
So officially I'm going to the Dr. (perinatologist) every Monday and Thursday. Monday's are stress tests and Thursdays are ultrasounds, stress tests, and whatever else they need to do. The stress tests are monitors that are attached to my bump for about 30 minutes. They turn on a machine that checks for movement and heartbeats which then prints off on a piece of paper. The nurse reads it and says I'm good or bad and I leave. So at my appointment on Monday everything was great and I was sent on my way. 


Tuesday I saw my obgyn for the glucose testing and the dreaded cervix check. Good news is I'm still closed up. Blake has chosen her new home to be between my pelvic bones sideways and very low. So you know that feeling you get when you've had a great work out where your inner thighs ache because you did so good, that's exactly what it feels like except you know you are not going to get that relief in the next few days and your thighs are not a bit tighter. Doc determined that our new goal has been moved from 36 weeks to 32 weeks. They are closely monitoring the stress on Miss Blake and making sure that she is able to handle the pregnancy from Mr. Dax who is lying on top of her. I was also advised to be prepared for the possibility of being placed on hospital bed rest so they can further watch my little ones more closely instead of twice a week which would allow for updates every shift change. I was also advised that due to stress they will more than likely take them at or around 34 weeks if we make it that far. 


Bed Rest:
So what does one do on bed rest week two? Well I've been using my imagination and thinking a lot. So I was thinking their actual due date is 04-20-11....4:20. In the Cheech and Chong world 4:20 is very significant. I then moved on to ponder okay so what if they are born on 03-16-11 (35 weeks) That's my dearest friend Paige's birthday- how fun would that be? Then I remember our Spring Break/Birthday/St. Patty Day celebrations and I think uttoh I will worry about them in college every year. Then I ponder to myself as they become teenagers, I've got two minds working against us and scheming up little plans....not my sweet babies. Then I just think to myself, I really just want them to be happy children and be able to accomplish anything their hearts desire. I'm just really excited to meet them and a little nervous about the possibility of meeting them in two weeks. 






As always we thank you for your kind words, calls, thoughts, and prayers. NEW GOALS: 32 weeks and preferably 34 if we can get there, no hospital bed rest, and healthy little ones.


The Hen and The Bull

How Miss Blake and Mr. Dax are growing:

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). (oh the dreaded milk, can you say gag reflexes?) This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

01.jpg


29 Weeks








The wonderful hostesses

My little helper Riley (she was showing off her boots)





No comments:

Post a Comment